Our multi-stakeholder innovation workshop around the Individual Mobility needs of the Aging adults brought together 25+ innovators, ranging from start-ups, hospital, academia, insurance, pharma, technology and, of course, representatives of the aging adults. The goal of the session was to exchange and co-create innovative solutions addressing mobility needs and derive learnings to drive our “Aging well” initiative forward.
As the group reflected on the individual mobility needs of the aging adults, 5 main clusters emerged around the following areas: Mobility and social interaction, Fitness, Prevention, Cognitive skills and Care night+day.
20+ solutions were brainstormed in teams and three were then selected for a deep-dive session. The solutions that were co-designed:
I) Agitude! A digital Platform to bring together knowledge and to support the needs of the aging adults and the communities around them. This platform for “best agers” would provide access to:
- the right education (information, awareness, education)
- the right products (nutrition, medications, diagnostic tools)
- information about the right services to help with better aging
II) Health Bus! A mobile „Exer-Gaming“ (i.e. a combination of Exercising and Gaming) device + service platform bringing cognitive and physical exercise together. This service is provided in a bus that brings rehabilitation technology to the patients to help the aging adults understand the need for motor-cognitive training on a regular basis. The bus provides:
- training and assessment, as part of a pilot to understand what is important and later provide the tools to do it when the bus is not around
- access to a network of remote locations, who usually do no have access to technology
- social aspects, as a “meet up place” to develop a community for people to train together
III) Kiosk! A neighborhood kiosk to create communities, enable social interaction and the exchange of services. This initiative combines a physical and digital platform as a Kiosk with a Concierge receiving your request and curating the potential service providers in the neighborhood. The aim is to take the “Lulu dans ma Rue” concept launched in Paris, France and adapt it to our local needs. This would be a kiosk:
- for young and old, for buyer and seller - offering the chance to everyone to take an active role in their neighbourhood
- giving easily access to services that simplify daily life (e.g. plumber, DIY, small repair, IT support, carrying heavy boxes, dog- & cat-sitting)
- with a Digital account to trade services
Given our “deep dive design” was a fast-paced session, the three above solutions certainly have potential to be further developed. Most importantly the workshop allowed us to identify 9 themes as a starting point of a framework on what is important for innovation in the field of Individual Mobility for the Aging adult, that we will develop further throughout the project.