The DayOne Lab is a space for cross-silo projects. The lab is both a physical space, at Stucki Technology Park, where projects can have a Place to meet and work but also a virtual space where projects can attract partners and support. It also includes a Program to support projects. Together with the People in the lab this creates the DayOne Lab. Place plus People plus Program creates the DayOne Lab.
Applications for the lab are now open
Interested parties should reach download the application form
Follow the instructions on the form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to a member of the DayOne core team.
The lab provides projects;
- Access to collaboration partners and experts as appropriate
- The physical space and the right to describe themselves as a DayOne project to gather more support where a physical space is not needed
- Thoughtful review and support
- Access to appropriate tools and consulting including to those provided by partners
- Access to the BaselArea.Swiss venture assessment service
The lab is managed by BaselArea.Swiss on behalf of the Canton of Basel Stadt. The first physical project is a health hacking project designed to assist patients gain control of their health. A number of projects that operate without a physical space started during 2017. Current projects include:
- Health Hacking - an association to promote and support citizen science based health hacking projects
- Blockchain in Healthcare - Investigation of potential uses of blockchain in healthcare. Report here - DayOne Blockchain Project Report 2017/2018
- DigitalCenter - build an open innovation platform focused on chronic diseases